October 18, 2006

A bedtime story...

I once knew a friend,
So dear to my heart so near to my soul,
She came to me, crying she poured out her feelings...

"I know not what to do,
I loved this person so deep so true,
Yet I receive no answer...

Someone so close yet so far,
I know the person yet I know not all,
I am along every step taken,

Someone who would never accept me for who I am,
For fear that I am inadequate,
For fear that I am wrong,
For fear that I am insufficient...

Why, I ask...
Should not I be the one you most loved?
Above all, above everything else?
Should not I be your everything?
Your wish,
Your happiness,
Your friend?

Should you not try to make me happy?
Should you not try to make me content?
Should you not try to be proud for who I am?
Should you not try to put your confidence in me?

Should you answer "NO,"
Pray tell me, then,
How am I supposed to live?
For I love you so dearly, so tenderly...

How am I supposed to be with you along the way?
How am I supposed to believe in you?
How am I supposed to have faith in you?

Why?
Why let people who do not know judge?
Why betray me merely based on what they say?
Why lost faith and love merely based on their thoughts?

Listen to me...
I love you,
I love you so much that
Even as the sky falls and the earth opens
I will stand by you...

Nothing in this world will change my mind on you,
You are beautiful to me,
You are precious to me,
You are talented to me,
You are noble to me,

Please do not say "NO"...
I know you...
For I am...

YOU."



(Dedicated to everyone who lost faith and confidence in themselves... You are the only master of yourselves because you are precious and worthy regardless of what everyone else thinks... May your light shines and your radiance shows, just as God intended...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home