May 05, 2006

I love you...

One day you asked me, "Why?"
I said, "I do not know."

You asked me why I still loved you even though I knew it was impossible,
Even though I knew your heart was not mine...

I did not know then the answer...

Now I know...

You...
You have been living in a world that is cruel,
You have been hurt so many times,
Even you lost count on the numbers...

You have been experiencing pain,
That you were left numb,
That was why you were so scared when I told you I loved you...
That was why you protected yourself so...

However,
You knew,
My love was meant for you,
Even if it only went one way...

Because even for a little while,
I wanted you to find solace,
Knowing that somebody, somewhere would still love you,
Amidst everything...

That was why I wanted you to have it,
A love so deep, so true, so gentle, so kind, and so peaceful and serene,
The love that I made with my last ounce of strength,
My love...

I hope you would be free...

Forever...
Till infinity...

1 Comments:

Blogger aerha said...

this is a very nice poem. terharu lho bacanya.. how have u been?!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home